Thursday, May 7, 2009

Springtime in Utah

Springtime in Utah was terrific! I had a wonderful time visiting Tawnya, Jessica and Lauri. Those gals kept me plenty busy and laughing a lot. There was much walking and hiking involved, so that was a challenge for this old girl, but what I saw was worth it.




First stop was the Tulip Festival at Thanksgiving Point. The flowers were at 85% bloom, so they were gorgeous. I'm envious of their gardens, but Tawnya reminded me they have several full-time gardeners. We were even surprised by a "secret garden" - hidden away just like the movie!





Of course we spent some time in scrapbook stores, quilt shops, book stores, clothes shops, and several restaurants! The weekend was spent in St. George and we climbed and hiked the red rocks and Zions National Park. This was beautiful, but very hard to capture on camera.


I laughed until my sides hurt watching Tawnya and Jessica during their belly-dancing class (I was not allowed to bring the camera)! Actually, they are mastering the art. I think if they continue with the next class to learn the veil work, they could dance for King David or Potiphar!

2 comments:

Nicole said...

Looks like a really fun time. I wish MN had more flowering trees, they are so pretty.

LauriJo said...

I am so glad you had a good time. Thanks for all of the laughter and good times.