Monday, July 20, 2009

Rocks & Water Together

I love the look of rugged rocks...


but add water to rugged rocks and (for me) it is breathtaking!!


The sounds of water rushing over rocks, or slowly rippling over stones, brings me great peace and calmness. Lewis & Clark were excited to hear the sound of water rushing over rock too. Not only did this confirm they were on the correct river, they found joy in the picturesque view. Lewis' journal called the great falls a "truly magnificent and sublimely grand object which has from the commencement of time been concealed from the view of civilized man." I can only imagine what it must have been like to see the falls for the first time, without the power dams in place. I will have to settle for reading about these experiences, because I would not have made a good explorer!!

1 comment:

Nicole said...

Looks like you guys are having a fun trip. Enjoy your time in Utah!