Sunday, January 31, 2010

Know Your Limitations

I'm willing to try just about anything, but I'm certainly not very good at all things. For example... grandson Samuel asked me to make a birthday cake. No problem, he just wanted white cake with white frosting. A few days later he decided it should be a Darth Vader cake. Oh dear, now what to do? Thinking it wouldn't be too difficult to copy, I asked grandson Michael(the artist in our family) to draw me a simple picture of Darth. His picture was great!



However, my limitations were soon discovered when I tried to copy the image using frosting onto the cake.



It looks more like "mad cow" don't you think? The only redeeming quality was that it was delicious! I think grandma's cake decorating days are done.

2 comments:

Tawnya said...

Not bad mom. I would have said to bad and just done the white cake so you get extra bonus points.

The Neus said...

Fan that just gave me such a good laugh! Hope you enjoy your trip!