Saturday, March 28, 2015

Duluth Retreat

Nine of my quilting friends headed for Duluth last Sunday and stayed at a rented home called the Hawthorne Manor. It was built in 1914 and had quite the personality!
Sunrise from my bedroom window.
 

My bedroom for the retreat - sleeping single in a double bed!
 

I loved the old bathroom look, it was slightly updated.
 

Linen closets at the top of the stairs - beautiful woodwork.
 

The staircase was solid wood so I enjoyed the climb to bed!

We enjoyed the home and all its wonders. The kitchen was completely remodeled, so it was a great place to cook and serve food. Not much time was spent in the kitchen because each of us only had one meal to prepare with clean up afterwards.

Of course that meant a lot of time for sewing! I did accomplish much, but there were others who completed more, and of course others who didn't complete as much. We all sew, and visit, at our own pace!!

Here are some of my accomplishments ---

Blocks sewn for "Pinwheels Gone Wild"
 

Borders put on Tinkerbelle quilt
 
 
Close-up of Tinkerbelle fabric.
 

Blocks sewn for "Sweet Tea" quilt
 

Not all my sewing was quilts... here are a couple new dish towels that I spiffed up with fun fabric and prairie points!
 
This was just too much fun. We laughed, ate, visited three quilt shops, and worked on projects as long as we wanted. We all agreed this needs to be an annual event, so we are already talking about next year and increasing the number of days. I sure do look forward to it!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Nailed it on the projects Mom! I am proud of you! The house looks beautiful too!