Monday, December 22, 2008

Christmas Is Very Close



I know it's close to Christmas when my dining room table is covered with cookies. Today, with the help of Mom, Jessica & John, we made several kinds of cookies. Most of these cookies are only made at Christmas time. It's a tradition that goes a long ways back. The recipes are from parents & grand-parents. And they probably got them from their parents & grand-parents. Just think, I could be using the same recipe that Eve used for Christmas! Did Adam & Eve celebrate Christmas?!? I'm sure they knew about it. But I digress... Everyone seems to have their favorite cookie, so I can't just make one or two. Uncle Dan loved the nutmeg logs; Travis loves the peanut butter blossoms; Tawnya loves the galaxy cookies (with the hidden surprise inside); Jessica just had to make Gingerbread cookies this year (she talked to them the whole time as if they were real). Personally, I love them all! Isn't it wonderful that Christmas is almost here!?! Of course the real greatness of Christmas isn't about cookies at all. It's all about the sweet baby Jesus coming to earth and starting his glorious mission to save all humanity. Oh, how I love Christmas!!

5 comments:

Grace said...

Wow Fran!! Your table looks yummy. I just love baking cookies with my kids during christmas. We like to make them and then hand them out for Christmas to family members as presents from the kids since they don't really have money to buy gifts. It make them feel special, that they were able to give something to someone that they made.

Nicole said...

I love Christmas too! It's such a special time of year. The cookies look delicious.

Tawnya said...

I can hardly wait to sink my teeth into those Galaxy cookies! Thanks momma cakes!

Angie said...

Mmmm Fran looks delicious. The boys and I are having our marathon cookie baking day on Christmas Eve. Gotta make sure they're fresh for santa! ;) I don't think I'll be quite as ambitious as you though! :)

Anne said...

Isn't it funny that we just can't bring ourselves to make those favorites any other time of the year?? No, even though I prefer them to any other cookies, I just have to wait until Christmas!