Monday, March 28, 2011

Thinking Spring

My  mom was sick earlier this month and received some flowers to cheer her up. The colors matched the quilt blocks I had been sewing, so I took a picture of the flowers displayed on the blocks.



Now the quilt is finished and looks lovely without the vase of flowers sitting on them! Doesn't this make you think of spring?!



Another reminder of spring is the start of baseball. I bought a new bag pattern and wanted to try it out. Shawna said she needed a bag to carry stuff to baseball games this summer, so I used leftover baseball fabric from Michael's quilt and made this bag. Notice the buttons up close!





I've had enough of the cold and snow... bring on the sunshine and heat!

2 comments:

Tawnya said...

Mom, you rock at sewing. Great work! I am amazed at what you are able to create with material, string, and a needle. Go MOM!

Angie said...

I LOVE that bag! So stinkin cute Fran!!