Sunday, December 2, 2012

IRISH MIST

Yes, I'm still alive. I know it's been almost a year since my last post, but this blog just hasn't been on the top (or even close to the top) of my To-Do list. Sewing has been a big part of my obsessions this year... I wanted to get tons of projects completed. Of course now that I look back... I may or may not have been successful in that area.

Here is one project that brought me much joy. It has 61 steps in the pattern (a lot of 2 1/2 inch squares), so I have been working on it all year step by step. I made it to step 58 last week only to see that a huge error had been made way back on step 27!

Do you see the mistake?


 
That's right... each of the 4 corners of the dark blue should have a green square instead of a white background square. I was a little disappointed in myself to say the least! So now what to do? Should I just let it go, or should I take the time to correct it? Better to eat a piece of fudge (or two) while trying to make this big decision! Being the perfectionist that I am, it was decided to correct the problem. So, with seam ripper in hand, I started to take my quilt apart.

It only set me back a few days. Now I can honestly say the finished project is much more pleasing to the eye, and balanced, and the way it should be.... see what I mean about perfectionist?!?

What do you think? Does it live up to the name of the pattern? IRISH MIST... and yes, my Irish heritage is why I wanted to sew this project in the first place. It will be on it's way to my quilter this week. I can hardly wait to hang this up in my home come St. Patrick's Day!


 
The luck o' the Irish is with me now!

3 comments:

Angie said...

You are so talented Fran!

Tawnya said...

Wow mom!
That is beautiful.

You are awesome!!!

Nicole said...

It looks great. You really have completed a lot of projects this year. Now next year you might just get to buy some new stuff to work on!