Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Prepare Ye

It's the night before my little surgery and I have worked myself into a tizzy! What am I to do with myself? Even though I know it won't help one bit to worry, I'm very good at just that very thing. To relax and prepare myself for the big day, I'm currently sitting in front of the TV with a lemonade in one hand and a bag of M&M's in the other! What do you suppose I am watching?... Pride and Prejudice, of course!! I shall not be vexed any longer! Mr. Darcy is easy on the eye and Mr. Collins provides great laughter. I love the way Mrs. Collins handles her "dear" husband and she admits she is "quite content". Although I find the British of this era very annoying, it would give me "great pleasure" to visit some of the castles in England or Ireland.

Three of my dearest friends gave me a great boost last night. They made a surprise visit and came bearing very thoughtful gifts. The only problem was I had gone out for the evening and wasn't home to recieve them. They had a wonderful visit with my mother and then bid goodbye. When I arrived home, to my surprise their best wishes for a successful surgery was there. I have beverages, chocolate and hats with wide brims to see me through! True friends are such a blessing and not to be taken lightly. It is my hope to be such a friend to others.

3 comments:

Nicole said...

I hope that your surgery goes well and that everything goes as planned.

Anne said...

You certainly are.

Angie said...

I hope you are recovering comfortably and know that you are truly loved by many!