Saturday, August 30, 2008

Taking It Easy



The surgery is over and I look like a freak! Seriously, I look like the loser in a bar-room fight. The bandage covers my whole upper lip and then some! The pain is tolerable, of course Darvocet is helping. Nicole came over last night and we played Dominoes. Today I slept in, but when I woke up to such a beautiful Minnesota day I just knew we couldn't sit inside the house recuperating. John suggested a drive to Duluth and we all thought that was great. We (John, Nicole, Ruby, and me)drove along the north shore all the way to Two Harbors, then had lunch there. After that we drove back to Duluth and walked along the board walk of Canal Park. The pier and drawbridge were beautiful against the Lake Superior backdrop. There were so many sail boats on the lake, but my camera couldn't do justice to the scene. I thought of Travis since he is my little (now big) sailor! One summer our family rented a cabin in Wisconsin. It came with a sailboat, and we hardly heard from Travis the whole week. He was in his glory out on the lake sailing! After walking the boardwalk, we drove up along the Skyline Drive and stopped at Enger Tower. They have absolutely beautiful shade perennial gardens there. We strolled through the gardens and walked up to the tower. I love to look at the water with it's many movements. The scenery of water and rocks was just what I needed. It was a wonderful day and a great diversion while I'm taking it easy!

2 comments:

Angie said...

I love Duluth! I'm hoping to head up there this fall after the leaves change! I'm glad you had a nice day with your family.

Nicole said...

It was a beautiful day, I'm so glad we decided to go!