Friday, August 15, 2008

St. Cloud Visit

I arrived home yesterday afternoon after spending 3 days in St. Cloud for a business conference. Was able to listen to some really good speakers about the energy business. We also had two motivational/humorist speakers. They were awesome and kept me awake and laughing! The final day turned political as we had a visit from senate hopeful Al Franken. He had a warm (but reserved) welcome from our group.

However, it wasn't all work! I had time to visit the Gruber's Quilt Shop... it's an awesome place with an unending supply of fabric and ideas. My favorite pasttime was spending about 1 1/2 hours walking through the Clemens and Munsinger Flower Gardens. The water fountains are very refreshing. It was a perfect time to be there because most everything was in full bloom. The gardens were beautiful and the stroll along the river made a perfect backdrop. Each time I attend, I'm impressed with the additions of more gardens. Just when I think they couldn't possibly add more, another one is planted. This is a perfect spot for a family to visit and take a picnic. If you get the time, enjoy!!

1 comment:

Anne said...

Ok Fran, I know you and I've met Peter. I can't imagine that the reception for Franken was anything close to warm. I'm so sorry you had to be subjected to that!:) At least it sounds like you had lots of other, more pleasant experiences to add some balance!