Sunday, September 14, 2008

Lasting Impressions

With so many writing about their memories of 9-11, it brought to my mind other times when tragedies have created lasting impressions. It seems to me those thoughts and impressions are very real and unforgettable. 1963 - Who can forget where they were and what they were doing when JFK was assassinated? 1966- I will never forget coming home from school and learning of the death of my 19 year old sister. 1985- The death of Pres. Spencer W Kimball; although this wasn't a tragic event, it was very memorable to me because he was "my" first prophet to whom I could relate. 2001- The 9-11 attacks on the USA.
And so it is, life is full of ups and downs. Some events shape our lives forever. I'm so very grateful for the knowledge the gospel of Jesus Christ brings. Although I don't often know "why" some things may happen, I do know through eternity all will be just fine. And for now, I'm okay with that!

No comments: