Thursday, January 22, 2009

Lacey Ice


Isn't it beautiful today? I love waking up to see each branch, twig and leaf covered with lacey ice. It's hard to capture on camera, but each year I try... so why should 2009 be any different?! My turkeys(NO, I'm not talking about family members here) are looking hard for food. They scratch in the snow under the bird feeder. A few brave ones have even taken to the air and found a perch in my mountain ash tree. They peck at the orange berries and nearly fall. These are such big birds to be performing such dangerous antics. I guess I would do the same in search of chocolate!

3 comments:

Tawnya said...

I love the Pictures mom! I can hardly wait to come home to the Minnesota Beauty. See you Wednesday!

Nicole said...

I love it when the trees are frosted over. The turkey in the tree is a good shot. It does look pretty huge compared to the branches.

LauriJo said...

I totally miss that view in the mornings. It is raining here and the snow is melting. The only other thing we get is air pollution so bad, the kids can't even go out to play.