Thursday, March 12, 2009

The Quilt's in the Mail

I get so excited when a large box arrives in the mail and I know it's the quilts I've been waiting for! After I piece together the quilt top, I send it to a dear lady in North Dakota who does the quilting together of top, batting and backing. It's exciting because each quilt is done differently, depending on the pattern used for the top. Of course, once the box arrives, I still have more work to do... but it's the final step of putting the binding on the edge. It's the "light at the end of the tunnel" feeling, and it motivates me to complete the project. Finally, after many hours of choosing fabric, measuring, cutting, sewing and ironing, I can step back and admire all the work. Aaahhh, very satisfying!




5 comments:

Nicole said...

It's always nice to see the finished product- I like the feeling of accomplishment. You're quilts look great!

Anne said...

You certainly have a talent! These are gorgeous!

Angie said...

Wow...beautiful Fran!

Tawnya said...

Mom, My Quilt looks fantastic! Great Work MOM! I can hardly wait to curl up in it:)

Donna said...

Donna said...
I just love your quilt's, Fran. Thank goodness someone in this family is talented.