Thursday, October 6, 2011

Virginia Is Calling

Ever have the urge to move? Usually I don't, because there is just too much to pack. Of course we all know the good strong boxes are at the local liquor store, but I can't afford to have my Brothers or Sisters see me coming out of those establishments!

However, I am very tempted to move. I found a wonderful home in Virginia last month. Seeing it from afar was quite breathtaking - to plagiarize my favorite movie "I don't know when I've seen a house more happily situated!"


The closer we got, the more excited I became...


Isn't it beautiful? 


The horse and buggy (I mean car) can swing right up to the front entrance. 


I think this staircase just screams "WELCOME". 
I love a house with pillars.

Wouldn't you love to ring the doorbell and have my butler see you in?

This was actually an old southern mansion - yes, there were slaves here at one time. I could be a slave in that house and live quite nicely!

The views from the inside were absolutely stunning! We couldn't take any pictures of the house inside, but it sure had a lot of character - fireplaces galore and lots of detailed wood trim.
I imagined Mr. Darcy in each and every room!!



Maybe the yard needs a little TLC. But I love the white fence. 



Well, all good things must come to an end. 

There was one drawback - the house was not on a lake.
In fact, I didn't see water anywhere (except for my drool)!

Guess I won't be making a run to the liquor store any time soon. 

3 comments:

Nicole said...

That house is very happily situated! Too bad you couldn't take pictures of the inside :(

Tawnya said...

Oh, my! It is utterly breathtaking. It would be perfect on a lake with Mr. Darcy inside.

Anonymous said...

I'll get the boxes for you Mamma!