Saturday, March 13, 2010

Millie P's

A new quilt shop opened in Anoka called Mille P's. It has a wonderful sewing room upstairs and the shop offers open sewing the 2nd Friday of each month. My dear friend Barb and I decided this would be a good time to work on UFO's from our stash. Barb picked me up at 9:15am and we arrived at the shop at 10am. The shop provided lunch and snacks, so we could use all our time sewing, cutting, or whatever. Met some other wonderful quilting ladies and saw the projects they were working on. It was a great day out and I accomplished so much. Barb had to leave at 2:00pm, but I stayed until 5pm when John picked me up.

These are the UFO's I worked on:

A Thanksgiving quilt - These are hand embroidered quilts blocks sewn by my mom. I joined them all together, then I will add a decorative stitch between each block.



Here is my favorite block - I can only imagine the discussion this child is having with the turkey!


Next will be the job of putting on the borders using this fabric:



Then I worked on sewing some of the star blocks for a Christmas quilt.


And finally, a new quilt that starts with sewing strip pieces. Then cutting them into 3 1/2 inch blocks.


Don't the colors look like spring has arrived? I can hardly wait for the 2nd Friday of April when we can gather again at Millie P's!

2 comments:

Tawnya said...

Holy Cow, Mom! You got a lot done. I am so proud of you. It sounds like it was a lot of fun :) Are any of those quilts for me?

Fran said...

If I tell you Tawnya, it won't be a surprise! Love, Mom