Tuesday, March 9, 2010

St.Paul Nights

Last week was my annual meeting in St. Paul, MN for the Minnesota Rural Electric Association. I enjoyed being in St. Paul, but it was difficult staying at a hotel. Even though it is a very nice hotel - Crowne Plaza- I didn't sleep. The bed was very comfortable - a sleep number bed that should have taken me to dreamland. Instead, I was wide awake listening to all the little noises! 

Tuesday we piled into a van and drove to Fabulous Ferns for a fabulous lunch. Then we visited the state capital to lobby our legislators. Went to an energy committee hearing and found that to be semi-interesting.




The view from my room on the 21st floor was beautiful. Had a room that overlooked the river. Didn't get any daytime pictures, but snapped a few shots to capture the night view. The water and lights were gorgeous!


Had a great meeting and met the artist Kaziah Hancock of Project Compassion. She, and four other artists, paint portraits of fallen soldiers and send them to their families free of charge. It's their way of saying thank you for their ultimate sacrifice for our country. She is a remarkable woman from Manti, UT and I was so pleased to meet her.


Now I'm home, getting caught up on my sleep! There's no place like home, there's no place like home...

No comments: